Grate temperature probe holder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BXMurphy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 12, 2022
Methuen, Massachusetts
I lose the clips that hold the grill temperature probes close to the grate. I hate using them anyway because for me, they don't work very well. They are flimsy and ill-fitting. Instead, I've found a better solution that works quite well for me.

Many of the regulars have seen this. For me, its my first time using it and it's amazing. Just wad some tin foil around your temperature probe so it looks like a ball with a probe sticking out as shown in the photo below and you are golden.

20230226_154839.jpg

Murph

Jamming the probe through a smallish potato works too, and has been a go to method here on SMF for as long as I've been around.

Reactions: DanMcG
Done the foil trick myself. Sometimes just cant get that probe holder to fit right where I need it.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky