Good Propane Griddle for Steaks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Count Porcula

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2020
I do not like grilled steaks. It's hard to get a gas grill hot enough to produce steak that isn't mostly grey, and I'm not going to be a slave to charcoal. I bought a little Pit Boss grill and put a huge turkey fryer regulator on it to get more heat from it, but it's still not as good as steak fried on cast iron.

I am thinking I should get a propane flattop of some kind, but I don't know which one to get. I have a turkey fryer, and I have a big square of 1/4" steel I was planning to turn into a griddle, but maybe I should just get the real thing.

Can anyone recommend a durable product that will do a good job browning 4 steaks at once?

I won a 36" 4 burner Blackstone a few months back. I thought it might be too big for my needs. Wrong, I have cooked so many things on it in the past few months, kinda makes my stove in the kitchen obsolete. I can light one to four burners depending on what I am cooking, so in reality it can be small or as large as I need it and can have different temp zones. It will certainly get smoking hot at any setting above about midway. I have heard many people like their smaller two burner model also. I found it to be very good quality, easy to clean, not messy to have on the deck, grease trap works well. It has nice tall sides so nothing slides off or falls out.

Good Luck finding something that fits your needs.

I have a blackstone 2 burner. When I was seasoning it I had it on high for a few hours, max temp was about 500F. You can beat lump hardwood charcoal for high temp searing 700F+.
turkey fryer with CI pan, get one with red (hi pressure) regulator.

RG

Can you get a sear burner for your grill? Night and day improvement for me. I only do 1 at a time but total cook is like 3-4m. Park in the oven set at 170F until all done. Side burner/cajun cooker and black steel pan also works well but a different flavor. I describe it as "bistro".

20220424_183010_resized_2.jpg

Reactions: bill ace 350
I recently purchased a Royal Gourmet gas griddle from Home Depot. 3 burner and a porcelain coated heavy steel griddle. I didn't want to have the worries about keeping the plain steel griddles seasoned properly, and cleanup is a breeze. Wifey loved the ribeyes I cooked on it last week. And the smashburgers I did several days ago

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky