Good BBQ place in NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
So I am doing the rounds down south for college tours for my daughter. Drove down from NY and hit Towson in MD, Coastal Carolina in SC and now seeing tomorrow East Carolina in NC. Tonight we stopped into Sam Jones BBQ in Winterville, NC. Ribs, beans and chopped pork we very good as was the greens and mac n cheese. Not used to the pork being served dry and adding the sauce after, but the NC tangy sauce is very good...here are a couple pics.
bbq1.JPG
bbq3.JPG
bbq2.JPG

Thanks, a bit slower down here than I am used too...then again us NYers are always in a rush....to what I am not always sure.

i am from alabama.........been in upstate ny more than 20 years...i keep hearing when are you gonna stop talking like that, and when are you gonna speed up......answer to both is NEVER...........fire me i dont give a good rats ass, been there more than 20 years, customer service does say something..........roll tide

i am from alabama.........been in upstate ny more than 20 years...i keep hearing when are you gonna stop talking like that, and when are you gonna speed up......answer to both is NEVER...........fire me i dont give a good rats ass, been there more than 20 years, customer service does say something..........roll tide
It is funny you commented, my daughter just came out with that she really wants to apply to Alabama. Where did that come from? We told her we will apply and if she gets in, we will go for a visit.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky