GMG DANIEL BOONE.....HELP!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tanglefoot

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2012
PLAINVIEW MN
I have a 9 YO GMG DB and the pin that attaches the motor shaft to the auger is sheared. Any way to fix/repair that? the motor works fine and i can turn the clean/empty auger easily by hand.
Any help would be great!!

Reactions: JLeonard
Pictures would help, but I'd guess it's just a roll pin. If so, should be easy to source locally.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Quick search shows it may just be a cotter pin that holds the auger onto the motor on the Daniel Boone.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Don't know if this would work for you , but I had to replace the cotter pin that had sheared off in my Blazin' GridIron grill.
I used a Hitch Pin.
Grid-Iron Mod - Hitch Pin for Auger Motor.JPG

Reactions: bill1
Don't know if this would work for you , but I had to replace the cotter pin that had sheared off in my Blazin' GridIron grill.
I used a Hitch Pin.
View attachment 666669
The hitch pin is likely a bit harder than a cotter pin, so something else may break before it does. Other than that, it'll work fine as long as it can't hit anything as the auger rotates.

When I took mine apart it was a casting on the motor shaft that broke. GMG does not sell the part separately I had to replace the motor assembly.

I don't know how handy you are but if GMG doesn't make it easy to replace parts, you can try joining two shafts with an outer sleeve you cut & drill yourself and drill matching holes in the sleeve and shafts. The hitch pin looks the best but even a bent finishing head nail works.

Reactions: 02ebz06
I stuck a small bolt through my Treager when it sheared off.
I may have a #2-56 x 1 in mine, now that you mention it.
Hardware's gotten SO expensive, but with bigger stuff you're paying for shipping mass from China. You can get a pretty nice selection of 4-40 and smaller screws and nuts for cheap on Amazon/Ebay. Doesn't take up much space at all in the garage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky