Gloves to handle the hot chip box etc

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

erica hall

Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm trying to find a good pair of gloves to wear when filling the chip box, handling hot grates etc. I've seen lots of suggestions of gloves to use while handling meat etc but not much on this subject. 

I finally got my smoker up and running today and my oven mitts aren't cutting it and I've already burned holes in two of them - LOL! 

Thanks! 

Hello Erica.  My best advice is to buy a pair of leather welding gloves for that sort of thing.  You should a welding supplier near you.  Just buy the cheap leather glove.  Don't go for the expensive pigskin or other types.  The other thing would be to buy a pair of cotton gardening gloves to put inside the welding gloves as the leather gloves will get hot if you hold on to the hot metal too long.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky