Globe model 400 slicer, a couple questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dazdnaz

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 3, 2011
Tucson, Arizona
Well I have had this slicer in my garage for quite some time. When I got it I had put it up on a top shelf and it is so heavy I never got around to taking it down to give it a once over.
Being inspired by the Bacon sub-forum I jumped in and got some BACON started forcing me to get the slicer down and running.

There is a lot of information on Globes site for newer equipment but not the Model 400, I am curios if anyone might know the age of this beast and maybe a resource for a manual. I got it all taken apart and cleaned up to include new grease, in the process removed all the stickers on it from the various stores it has traveled to (last one I think was Wild Oats), this Decal remover worked fantastic. Unfortunately I also removed the Old timey Globe decal due to its condition. Anyone know where I might acquire a reproduction? Globe was not much help here, I thought they would be proud this thing is still out there slicing away and want their label on it.

It also has a light on it, any ideas how to get to it to replace the bulb? Not really needed but I would like all things to function.

Cleaning her up:
20200815_085458.jpg

The results:
20200816_142027.jpg

The needed sticker:
20200815_083634.jpg

The light housing:
20200819_162506.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
We have a Hobart dealer next town over. They work on every brand. Well, commercial heavy duty stuff. If you have one of them close contact them.

There is a small perforated panel that is sciliconed in, I did not go that far on my tear down. I guess that is next, it is right under the bulb location. I will have a look tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up I thought maybe the housing was press fit and I just needed to pull it out but I didn't want to damage anything.

Might be an older unit but you did a good job cleaning it up. Be nice to see when you get it into action!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky