Glazed Back bacon results

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Robert H

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 29, 2017
I did two whole loins of back bacon today.They were both done in a pops brine lite.I had seen that someone on smf had done some with a glaze on it and I wanted to try that.The glaze was made with equal measures of sriacha sauce, maple syrup and brown sugar.The glazed loin was for me and the other was for my brother in law with pepper,garlic and onion powder.Went to 145 and pulled.
I usually slice it all up and vac pac but am going to pack in quarters this time.Took a few small slices off an end and was very juicy and tender.
I had thought the glaze would crust up a bit but it didnt go exactly as planned .It is hot, sweet tho.
20200215_150439.jpg
20200216_151258.jpg
20200216_155636.jpg
20200216_170310.jpg

Good idea! Never thought about glazing the back bacon...looks good.

Ryan

Thanks, I would not use as much hot sauce next time though. I just finished vac packing and thought I might try sous vid cooking one chunk to see how it comes out.Might make a nice dinner.

Brother in law came over to slice up his backbacon that I brined and smoked for him last weekend.His were the two chunks without the glaze on them. We were both very happy with the results.I think this is the best effort yet, and will continue to pull at 140F from now on. It was firm but still moist.
Thanks for looking
20200222_142156.jpg
20200222_142210.jpg
20200222_142217.jpg

Reactions: Jabiru
Sorry for the late response, I just saw this. The loins were in pops brine for two weeks and I also inected them with a brine syringe and pumped as much as possible into the middle.I have not had any of the glazed yet but have had some that were being sliced in the above pics and it was very tasty.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky