getting ready

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cal1956

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado
this morning we went to Sams and bought 2 cases if boston butts for a total weight of 131.5 lbs and also ordered the sausage casings from " Sausage Maker " they should be here late next week , after figuring what people have asked for the wife said that we would need about another 100 lbs of meat ...it won't be long now and we will be busy making sausage

this morning we went to Sams and bought 2 cases if boston butts for a total weight of 131.5 lbs and also ordered the sausage casings from " Sausage Maker " they should be here late next week , after figuring what people have asked for the wife said that we would need about another 100 lbs of meat ...it won't be long now and we will be busy making sausage
I want to be your neighbor!!

Reactions: cansmoke
it will be a mix of smoked sausage, polish sausage , breakfast sausage and Italian sausage , with the bulk of it being smoked sausage , still not sure the exact breakdown of how many lbs of each just yet

Reactions: OldSmoke
update : the wife informed me that at least 40 lbs of it is earmarked for pulled pork , so that brings the total sausage down below 200 lbs , i'm thinking when all the sausage making is done we will still have 40-50 lbs of frozen boston butts in the freezer and thats ok with me as i like keeping some on hand

Reactions: OldSmoke
Sounds like an endeavor! I do that much meat during my post yearly hunting trips (pre pandemic).

I hope you have plenty of extra empty fridge space and meat totes to hold all that meat. The clock becomes your enemy as well as being able to rotate all that food and keep it safely cooled.

If this sounds confusing, please ask any questions you have so you can plan and streamline before it is upon u :D

we do this about once a year so its nothing new, just a lot of work for our freinds , thats why this year we are going to spread it over July and into August , in years past we would just go until it was all done , but we are both starting to feel our age

Cool! Couldnt remember if you were just getting into sausage or not. You got it handled! :D

all i'm waiting on now is for the casings to arrive from sausage maker ,then its time to make SAUSAGE !!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky