gasket for fridge smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr squatch

Original poster
Mar 25, 2014
I accidentally posted this in the smoker build forum but wanted it in here as well.

Hey everyone. I've been slowly working on a 1950s GM Fridgidaire build and am needing a door gasket. Measuring the gap between door and cabinet, I get 5/8 inch. I'm wanting to use a tadpole style gasket. Any idea if I can go with a 5/8 inch wide bulb or should I go wider?

Well, for those that might be curious about this... I ordered the 5/8 inch tadpole gasket. It seals really well, however the gasket seems to be just a bit thicker and I have to close the door pretty hard to get the latch to catch right. Hoping over time the compression will allow it to close a little easier.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky