Game day prep

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WildewoodBBQ

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
What’s going on everyone???!?!? This will be my first real thread besides and intro, so hopefully it turns out like my brain is thinking it will..

In honor of the SF 49ers running the NFC and getting the No. 1 seed, I’m having a big ass gathering at my house for the game and the Ravens game after..

To the menu!!

Appetizers
1: sausage queso dip
2: smoked jalapeño poppers(and some not, for the wife)
3: 100ish marinated chicken wings, gonna be sauced with homemade hot sauce, Old Bay wings, homemade bbq sauce, I’m gonna save a couple jalapeños and smoke them for a smoked jalapeño bbq sauce, and a new taste sauce, old bay and honey mixed..
4: chips and salsa and other dips

Dinner
1: 17lbs of marinating pork shoulder, rubbed down with a nice mix of my own concoction.. gonna smoke on my electric smoker tomorrow night for 6-7 hours. Using a blend of Apple, Pecan, and Hickory chips. When it’s done, will be wrapped in peach paper to rest until in gets warmed up again for the next day.

Sides
1: homemade coleslaw
2: homemade cornbread
3: beer
4: some apple concoction my neighbor is making

Desserts
1: 49ers victory
2: Ice cream sandwiches

I will try and update the thread as best I can with the steps and QView, wish me luck!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NNNNNIIIIIIINNNERRRRSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 12
Just a side note ..I should probably put just teasing ..kinda O.o lol enjoy the game and great food pics.

Either you are a Seagulls fan or a Patriots fan..

lol... I can appreciate a good joke when I see one..

Still waiting.......

Lol jk

Reactions: negolien
Either you are a Seagulls fan or a Patriots fan..

lol... I can appreciate a good joke when I see one..

Still waiting.......

Lol jk

Nope my team isn't a bunch of cheaters like those two LOL. They are also not very good this year and have somehow sneaked into a mess they should not be involved in. I can only look to the Packers vs Atlanta game to go the the SB as hope that all things are possible in the play offs..

Attachments

• packers.jpg
    packers.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 11
Hell yeah that's gonna be a marathon cook! Look forward to seeing the results! Sounds like you got a great menu going on. Ill be watching both games..rooting for the 9ers and of course GO TITANS! Hoping Derrick Henry is gonna run over the damn ravens.

Hell yeah that's gonna be a marathon cook! Look forward to seeing the results! Sounds like you got a great menu going on. Ill be watching both games..rooting for the 9ers and of course GO TITANS! Hoping Derrick Henry is gonna run over the damn ravens.

Thanks for the support! I love Henry, I’m glad he keeps showing up no matter how much people put him down. It’s going to be a good game against the Ravens, but I expect a Ravens W..

Yea it is gonna be a long cook.. it’s why I’m also starting tonight, hahaha.. will do my best to keep up with pictures!

Thanks for the support! I love Henry, I’m glad he keeps showing up no matter how much people put him down. It’s going to be a good game against the Ravens, but I expect a Ravens W..

Yea it is gonna be a long cook.. it’s why I’m also starting tonight, hahaha.. will do my best to keep up with pictures!

I expect a Ravens W as well but one can hope! Even if we lose I will be just be happy knowing we knocked Brady out last week!

Make sure you keep plenty of cold beer on hand so you don't get dehydrated!

I expect a Ravens W as well but one can hope! Even if we lose I will be just be happy knowing we knocked Brady out last week!

Make sure you keep plenty of cold beer on hand so you don't get dehydrated!

My entree fee to the feast is a twelve pack from everyone coming that isn’t bringing a side or something..

Sounds like an epic feast in the making! Hope everything goes well.

I think I should be invited and be able to eat for free, out of pity for me being a Redskins fan, lol. As a MD resident, I can’t blame you for rooting for a team 2500 miles away.

Sounds like an epic feast in the making! Hope everything goes well.

I think I should be invited and be able to eat for free, out of pity for me being a Redskins fan, lol. As a MD resident, I can’t blame you for rooting for a team 2500 miles away.

Haha! Well I was born out there, so I have my Geographic ties and memories of Steve Young ripping the Chargers to bits..

Lol XRay, pity does count for something! I will keep a side plate for ya if you can follow the smoke!

Go WW, you've got a great feast on the menu! You may want to start those butts a little earlier, 6-7 hours might not be enough time to get you to where you need to be, which is a IT of about 203º. They can stay foil wrapped and covered with a towel in a cooler for a couple of hours before pulling. I've got a butt thawed in the fridge and plan to do one myself tomorrow on my offset, IF I can get out of bed early enough. Will make a batch of buns and some slaw today. GO NINERS!!! RAY

Go WW, you've got a great feast on the menu! You may want to start those butts a little earlier, 6-7 hours might not be enough time to get you to where you need to be, which is a IT of about 203º. They can stay foil wrapped and covered with a towel in a cooler for a couple of hours before pulling. I've got a butt thawed in the fridge and plan to do one myself tomorrow on my offset, IF I can get out of bed early enough. Will make a batch of buns and some slaw today. GO NINERS!!! RAY

Thanks Ray! Yea I’m pumped about this weekend!!!

Appreciate the heads up on the butts... I’m thinking of trying To keep the smoker temp up near 250/275 tonight.. I think closer to 275 might get me where I need to be in about 7 hours.. depending on where I end up tonight will determine what time I get them back into the smoker tomorrow to warm up/finish off.. that’s either after I pull the jalapeño poppers out and roughly half the wings if I just have to warm up, or will be in there simultaneously if I need to come up another 20*-30*

My plan is to go with straight hickory splits tomorrow morning, no coals, keep the heat around 275º. I'm making up some of Chilerellano's Basic pork rub and Chef Jimmy's finishing sauce, who needs advise from Myron Mixon when guys like those two are here to help. Myron lost me when I read he smokes prime to 155º. Does it get and better than SMF? NO!!!

I'm a 4th generation SF boy, and my life long hunting, fishing, and golf partner is the son of a original 49er, Ed Forrest. We used to go to The Stick to see Big Daddy ride around the track in a limo with Gina Lolabrigida waving to the crowd. I was at Bid D's house for the '83 Super Bowl, the phone was ringing off the hook before the game, YA Tittle, RC Owens, Frankie Albert were all checking in. Joe took us to the promised land, Jimmy will take us back there, tho he's no Joe. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky