frozen turkey brine question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rippper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
merto detroit, michigan
Put my frozen turkey in a brine yesterday to thaw/brine.Thought it would take longer to thaw, it was in the basement, but checked this morning and brine temp was 58 and the breast of the bird was 48. Set it out side in the cold. pitch it and start over?

when in doubt throw it out , food poisoning is a bad deal, I don't take chances,

I brine mine in a five gallon bucket, inside of a 165 quart cooler with 40lbs of ice, started Sunday, more ice today. RAY

i pitched it, bought a fresh turkey. better safe than sorry. lesson learn: WATCH THE TEMPS
I have 2 in an extra fridge . There's a pork butt , packer brisket and a whole chicken in there too . I set a remote therm with an alarm in case I lose power out in the garage . I've already had it save me over the summer .
Enjoy you turkey day meal .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky