From the Ozarks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CarCrazy

Original poster
May 31, 2023
Ozarks
Hello all.

A little about myself. Wife and I have been Childrens Pastors going on 40yrs. We are KCBS judges as of last year. Hobbies center around my Toys, which have 4 wheels, v8's and chrome. Looking forward to retiring in just over 4 years from local electric utility.

Have a Blessed day.

Pretty country up there (I say up there because I lived in the Ouachita's for 13 years)

Welcome.

Nice Chevelle. 327, 350, 396/402, 427, or 454? I know a couple of those aren't factory options but they are all acceptable ;)
No slack from the anti 327 gang. Best small block Chevy I ever owned was a nice little 327 out of a mid 60's vette built to about 375hp on plain old pump regular. It was old cool school to have one in the early 90's. Lot less of them than there were of the 350's.

My eyes are old and it's hard to tell from just the profile pic but I'm pretty sure that's a 72. Always wanted one in that vintage but never found one at the right time nor at the right $

Reactions: JLeonard
The Baby has a 355.

Last owner was the builder. (he screwed up alot of the interior pcs :emoji_rage:) Went from a tan Malibu to a "mostly" SS conversion. Retains the original sweep dash and Malibu badging. That dash makes me stand out at the shows as most also swap in the SS dash.

Recent changes are 4w discs, UMI stage 6 suspension, converted mc from vacuum to hydraulic, and added aftermarket a/c. Tire/wheel combo upgraded to 18" Boss 338. They look like the Cragars that were on it, but fill the wheel wells.
Currently I'm rewiring it and adding efi to the small block.

Would love to someday build a towable grill from a matching Chevelle front, or rear, clip. But thats a dream for now.

Reactions: DonP and JLeonard
Welcome from Mississippi! Love the avatar. And thats whats great about hot rodding....you can make it your own. Definitely dont have to follow the mold of what everyone else is doing.
Look forward to your posts and pics. We like show and tell around here.

Jim

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Welcome from Iowa! Beautiful looking car as well! Sure miss those small block motors!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky