Fried Catfish Feast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Started with my favorite Sunday Drink

20220116_123712.jpg

All this talk about Cast Iron has me breaking out mine. Used the Kettle on an Induction Burner. Worked really good. Easy to keep temp. Always had a hard time getting good crispy fish until I watched Kent Rollins. His method is the best! I had a heck of time finding Catfish that does not have STPP! That stuff does not belong in fish or seafood!

20220116_164209.jpg 20220116_163107.jpg

The hush puppies are a recipe from the oldest still in operation restaurant in Texas. The Stage Coach Inn. Some of my coleslaw and green tomato relish which is a Texas staple with catfish. Just missing the sweet onions.

20220116_164859.jpg

Last edited:
That looks delicious!
I think that fried whole catfish are about the best fried fish you can get.
We used to go to an all you can eat catfish restaurant at least once a week, when I was younger & could eat my weight in catfish. Not worth it now.
Al

I love fried fish and hushpuppies and yours looks great Brian! I’ll take a plate and a few splashes of vinegar on mine.

That looks awesome! Great work on a really tasty meal! Man, it’s been a while since I’ve had fried catfish, I have a craving now! But……never made it. Maybe I should learn! Thanks for the post!

I love catfish, and especially catfish steaks! Some decent big river boys, steaks cut about 1" thick!

Rick

I love catfish, and especially catfish steaks! Some decent big river boys, steaks cut about 1" thick!

Rick
River and lake catfish the best! These farm raised dont have much flavor. I never had much luck catching catfish. If I ever find a boat I will do some baiting.

I love fried catfish too Brian and those look great ! And love some hush puppies almost as good...and cole slaw !

Keith

Oh Yeah!! Awesome!!
My All-Time Favorite Eating Fish, since I was about 3 years old!!!! That's 70 years!!
#1. Catfish (10" to 16" were best)
#2. American Eel
#3. Bass, Crappie, Bluegil, and just about all PA Freshwater Fish.
Like.

Bear

Nice job Brian, fish looks great ,and the plate looks filling

Never had fresh water cat fish, but some day. Had saltwater catfish ( blue fish, or wolffish )
nice white flesh and a little sweet flavor, almost as good as Haddock some say , Haddock for me first

David

I love fried fish...
Me to
Great looking fish!
Jim
Thanks
That looks delicious!
I think that fried whole catfish are about the best fried fish you can get.
We used to go to an all you can eat catfish restaurant at least once a week, when I was younger & could eat my weight in catfish. Not worth it now.
Al
I here you. I only made a dent in this!
I love fried fish and hushpuppies and yours looks great Brian! I’ll take a plate and a few splashes of vinegar on mine.
Thanks. I like malt vinegar on them.
Haven't had catfish for a bit...and I love it...nice looking and sounding meal Brian.
Thanks
I love fried catfish too Brian and those look great ! And love some hush puppies almost as good...and cole slaw !

Keith
Thanks. The Stage Coach Inn are different than the norm. I like them for a change. I been adding lemon juice and rind to coleslaw lately. Really like the taste it adds.

Oh Yeah!! Awesome!!
My All-Time Favorite Eating Fish, since I was about 3 years old!!!! That's 70 years!!
#1. Catfish (10" to 16" were best)
#2. American Eel
#3. Bass, Crappie, Bluegil, and just about all PA Freshwater Fish.
Like.

Bear
Thanks John.

Looks perfect!
Thanks

Nice job Brian, fish looks great ,and the plate looks filling

Never had fresh water cat fish, but some day. Had saltwater catfish ( blue fish, or wolffish )
nice white flesh and a little sweet flavor, almost as good as Haddock some say , Haddock for me first

David
Thanks. Only made a dent in it! You need to try. River Catfish the best. Farmed pretty mild.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky