Fresh Orange Ginger Sausage!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

skully

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
In My Smokehouse
did a batch of fresh sausage at my brothers earlier today.  20lb test run to see how this combo is gonna work out and i have to say, on the fry try, its delicious.  have to admit, the seasoning mix he got from a new employee of his that blended it up for a batch of 20lbs but he does have the recipe, easy.  this combo is delicious.  will post back with %'s if any interest is shown, dont be afraid to try out new combos, i never would have tried this.

this is for fresh, measures are per 1 kg. pork butt

1.5% salt, 1% calypso seasoning, .75 ginger spice, .4% black pepper and .2% chili powder.
for liquid, substitute orange juice or cut oj 50/50 with water, instead of water/wine.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in learning more about this sausage 
thumb1.gif

Reactions: newsmokeguy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky