Freezing whole smoked brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PamAndJim

Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
A guy that my wife works with wants me to smoke him a brisket for Thanksgiving. The issue is that with my wife's travel schedule, this weekend is the best time to smoke it and deliver it to him in time. The obvious wrinkle is that Thanksgiving is still a couple weeks away. So, I'm trying to figure out if he can freeze it whole and defrost/reheat on Thanksgiving. So, how would y'all handle this?

As I do more research, it looks like vacuum sealing is preferred. However, I don't have a way to do that. Some folks say let it rest, wrap it (whole) with plastic wrap and then butcher/freezer paper. Others say slice it and put it in a foil pan and freeze. Thoughts on those methods?

I would stick with freezing it whole. What type smoker are you using? Able to use a pan under the brisket?

I think you have this answered above...

Be sure to ask Santa for a shrink-wrapper for Christmas. It is awesome when you make big smokes. Brisket, pulled pork, even turkey freeze/reheat incredibly well.

This is why I love this place. Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction.

I would keep it whole. That way you loose less of the juices.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky