Freezing cheese dip?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alan123

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
I made a large batch of cheese dip and it was good enough I would like to save it if I can. It's Velvetta based with ground beef, onion, garlic, black olive and a couple of other things. Can this be frozen in a vacuum sealed bag and reheated? Or will it lose its consistency (texture) when reheated? Thanks, Alan

I made a large batch of cheese dip and it was good enough I would like to save it if I can. It's Velvetta based with ground beef, onion, garlic, black olive and a couple of other things. Can this be frozen in a vacuum sealed bag and reheated? Or will it lose its consistency (texture) when reheated? Thanks, Alan

I've tried that before. And when I thawed and tried to use it. It was grainy in texture.

From Canyoufreezethis.com...JJ

“We do not recommend that you freeze VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product. Freezing VELVEETA Pasteurized Process Cheese Product may cause changes in the texture of the cheese. Crystals may form within the product, which may make it grainy, or its texture to become mushy.

Reactions: sawhorseray
I've been freezing nacho cheese sauce that I make with different cheeses and melting salts (Sodium Citrate) and freeze it in silicone molds

Microwave to reheat and it's perfectly smooth.
Once you make your own, you won't go near Velveeta. You can make it with virtually any type of cheese or combination. I usually include some smoked cheddar.

Not sure how well it would work with the other dip ingredients in there.

Last edited:
Thank so for the replies! I will eat a little tonight and round file the rest......... it was pretty good, live and learn.

How old is it? You should get 5 days keeping it cold, on the bottom shelf of your refer. Try it on Baked Potatoes for a side or a lighter meal. I mix Cheese Dips in Scrambled Eggs too....JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky