Freezer build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When I make the heat shield/air gap under the burner do I need to go all the way across the bottom or just under the burner.

Ok so I'm really close to starting this up. I'm new to all of this. How much smoke is to much ? If something tells me to smoke for one hour at what ever temp how much smoke do I put into it ? I can control the amount of smoke that goes through my smoke generator. Do I just leave it wide open ? I don't want the smoke to over power the food.

To the right of the box you clicked to put up your picture is a box to install a video...

The forum would like it installed as "EMBEDED"....

So I just got a great fridge I think a 1943 General Electric is what it is. Any way I'm going to be staying it here very shortly as soon as the temp comes down a little bit.

My question right now is, is 1/2 pipe big enough diameter for the smoke generator?

I finally got my Pid controller hooked up. It's a Rex C100. Anyone have one that knows how to use it. I can't get it to change Fahrenheit. Also after I started it I had smoke from the paint burning off the inside. Is this normal for the first start up ? Do I just let it go until its done smoking.

Thought insulation and everything was good. When I fired up the burner it started smoking. I thought the smoke was the paint burning but it turned out to be more. I guess it pays to tear them all apart right away. That was smoldering like that overnight.

I finally got my Pid controller hooked up. It's a Rex C100. Anyone have one that knows how to use it. I can't get it to change Fahrenheit. Also after I started it I had smoke from the paint burning off the inside. Is this normal for the first start up ? Do I just let it go until its done smoking.

I believe I have the same PID and it is only in Celsius.

I figured out how to change it to Fahrenheit. When it wants you to put all zeros for the unlock code put in 1000 instead. That should bring you to where you can change it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky