Found this site by accident

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shortrib

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 25, 2007
Eastern Montana
I was just searching the web for some tips on smokers and came across this site,

I started smoking 2 years ago with a Bradley smoker, Last fall before deer hunting, I took a class on cutting up a deer. Our hunting party decided to just to try a couple of our deer, with me processing and smoking. I have made 4 different styles of ring sausage, both hamburger and muscle meat jerky, summer sausage, Venison Bacon, and pepperoni snack sticks so far.
I am so into smoking, I just bought an old Turbo Air 2000 double door Commercial fridge. 4.5'W X 6.5'T X 29" deep, that is stainless inside and out, that I am going to convert into a Propane smoker.

And the hunting party is now converted from taking the meat to a meat locker to have it processed, we are now going to do it all ourselves....

My first attempt at fish was a diaster, but now I have figured out the tricks and last week I smoked a bunch of trout I brought back from Montana.

Look forward to spending more time on this site.....

Later,
shortrib

Shellbellc Wrote:

I purchased a kit from Curlys Sausage Kitchen, A guy from Fargo, on a fishing website, turned me on to it. I brought some in for my Boss and he has already put in an order for a batch for after next deer season.

A big ole Texas welcome to ya !!
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif
Glad ta have ya. How about some pix of that super smoker ?
confused.gif

Welcome Shortrib -

That fridge should make a great smoker! I've been watching for those older SS fridges myself. Good luck!

Welcome aboard SMF, Shortrib...all the info you could ever want can be attained through this site,great place and peeps
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Well the commercial fridge fell thru, I made the 150 mile trip up north to pick up and pay for the fridge, and the guys was in the cities, when I called him to confirm direction he said he forgot about me, which seems unlikely since I had phone conversation or e-mail connversations with him and his wife for 5 days straight..... He now refuses to answer my calls and won't answer my e-mails, so I am assuming he has sold this and just doesn't have the consideration to tell me !!!!!

So my search is on for the commercial fridge again.

shortrib just told me about this site so I immediately registered; thanks for the heads up shortrib. This looks like a great site, a place I may even call home !!!

I have to admit, I am the guy that shortrib got the venison bacon idea from. Guys, this is some good stuff; quite honestly I think it tastes better than bacon. I have handed out many sample packages to friends and relatives, big mistake on my part; now everyone who has tried it wants more.....

shortrib
If you ever plan on being in my neck of the woods, let me know. The place where I got my stainless fridge from often discards them if they are too expensive to repair. So when they have one available, you will also be helping them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky