Football Season Snacks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JBCWCHS06

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 30, 2022
Didn't know exactly where to post this but thought it would be a good topic. What are some recipes and things everyone likes to whip up and cook on Football Saturdays and Sundays ready to cook up some grub and watch my Kentucky Wildcats and Seattle Seahawks

I love smoky links wrapped in bacon. Easy to make too. Just wrap a Smokey link with about 1/3rd -1/2 piece of bacon stick a toothpick through to hold it. Toss it in the slow cooker with a bunch of brown sugar and let it cook

We call these "Candy Sausage Crack"
Lil smokies wrapped in bacon.
Mix 2 cups brown sugar, Approx. 1 cup mustard, cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste.
Cook smokies and bacon until bacon is just about done.
Pour sauce mixture all over and continue to cook until the sauce is nice and bubbly.

candy sausage crack.jpg

I like to make freedom fries O.o..... Apple pie is also a favorite... Just putting it out there lol not picking on anyone.. just sayin

Why We Stand.jpg
sac sherriffs.jpg

Last edited:
Ok.... what's that? Never heard of these.
Thick bacon coat one side with your favorite HOT bbq rub. I like oakridge habanero death or ghost cruchable.
Roll up rub to the inside then push center out and pull to twisted cone. Smoke till desired temp then coat with candy glaze.
My glaze apple juice, apple cider, brown sugar/molasses, and candied redhots. Reduce down by half.

Reactions: mr_whipple
Thick bacon coat one side with your favorite HOT bbq rub. I like oakridge habanero death or ghost cruchable.
Roll up rub to the inside then push center out and pull to twisted cone. Smoke till desired temp then coat with candy glaze.
My glaze apple juice, apple cider, brown sugar/molasses, and candied redhots. Reduce down by half.
Interesting. I've made Tabasco bacon for bloody Mary's, but nothing like that. I'll try it out sometime.

I go with a classic crowd favorite; Atomic Buffalo Turds (ABTs) for the uninitiated.

Simple smoked jalapeño boats filled with cream cheese, JD sausage and parsley. Wrap with cheap bacon and smoked for two to three hours.

I personally like to remove the seeds from the peppers, but have, on occasion, left one or two with seeds just for fun. 😁

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky