flounder tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
A nice fluke is great eating :) I love using an IPA/cornmeal beer batter (with plenty of cajun seasoning) and frying but... for a flattop... and a thin fillet - I would go with @xray 's blackening idea.

Reactions: JC in GB
Nothing wrong with just infusing some butter with garlic and herbs, brushing it on for a quick cook on the flattop, it should survive the flip, it's flounder not cod.

Reactions: JC in GB
I decided to go the scampi/brown butter route except i melted the butter in microwave first added fresh chives and rosemary, put in fridge to harden. sorry for the bad pic
DSCF3376.JPG
put some smoked black pepper fresh ground.
DSCF3378.JPG
melded butter
DSCF3379.JPG
finished
DSCF3381.JPG
Thank you all for the ideas.

I'm trying to come up with a good recipe for flounder cooked on a flat top, I prefer the KISS method for fish. I'm tired of my usual go to of SPL (salt, pepper, lemon juice) but cant think of any thing else. I am in such a rut.

My Favorite Flounder Fillet KISS is to just hit it with "Old Bay", and then into a Frying Pan with a bunch of real butter.

Bear

A little late to this thread, but for just about any fish and some pork we love to us Chef Paul Prudhomme Magic Salmon Seasoning

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky