Fishnet Stockings… ooh la la!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Yâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]now how that pork loin is more slab shaped, well I would like my canadian bacon to be more round, but I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want to put it in a fiberous artificial sausage casing cause I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t see how the smoke could get to the meat (plus they are a pain in the a$$ to stuff in there) so I asked the butcher at my Shop n‘ Save and he cut me a piece of netting that they use. I put it in there and then laced it like a shoe to tighten it up. I understand itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s only like $10 for a big roll. Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll see, doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have to be perfect! :roll:
ecb6f9de_vbattach11605.jpg

115ab5c5_vbattach11455.jpg

50a68fb9_vbattach11178.jpg

Absolutely beautiful :D

I'll take 2 slices on an english muffin with 2 scrambled eggs with melted pepperjack cheese please. :oops:

Looks good, Carl. A number of shops are using the string netting to form the meat. Back in the day when I was cutting, we used butchers twine and the butchers knot (a modified slip knot with a half hitch).

Well, when you have had to tie loins and roasts as part of your job and you have done it so many times, you get pretty quick at it. In the pictorial on my recipe on the Sausage stuffed pork loin you can see where I'm tying a full sized stuffed pork loin. It probably took me about 3-5 minutes to tie the the whole thing.

Wow thats nice Dutch. Youhaven't lost your touch I see. I didn't think of using scewers that'll definately make it easier.

Debi

Just one of the tricks of the trade Debi. The metal skewers that I used are from a stainless steel shish-kabob set that I picked up on a Summer Close out sale. I've used those skewers more for tying roastsand other cuts of meat than I have for kabobs!!

Dutch

I bought some of those metal kabobers and the first time I used em my son burned his fingers getting grabby before dinner was ready! I went bac to bamboo after that.

Debi

That ought to teach him not to be grabby paws without first putting on the oven mitts!! :shock: 8)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky