First time smoking chese.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
I have been wanting to smoke cheese for a while now but never had the setup to do so. I bought the AMNPS and away I went. I used a mix of the Maple and Cherry pellets as I had read this was a good combination.

Here is the gear

Here is the cheese 2lb Colby, 2lb Motzarella and a 8oz block of Pepper Jack

4 hours later

Packaged and ready for the waiting period. I cannot wait to try it.

Good stuff!  I am now digging into some cheeses that I smoked back in October.  The flavor has really developed!  Good luck with the waiting!

When doing cheese, do people prefered lighting one end of the AMNPS or both ends?  I hope to make my first attempt as soon as the weather gets alittle warmer.

Since this was my first attempt I only lit the one end. Depending on the flavor I may try both ends the next time. I will let you know in about three weeks or so after the cheese sits.

Ok, so three weeks later I cannot wait any more. The Colby and the [color= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Motzarella [/color]have a nice mild smokey flavor and the wife and son really like them as well.

I think if I could have gotten the AMNPS to stay lit better the smoke flavor would have been more pronounced But I am happy with these results.

So 5 more blocks on again today (I can see the first batch will not last long) with Hickory and this is staying lit and smoking well.

I am going to do cheese tomorrow.  Yours looks great!

Kat 
41.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky