First spare ribs on the MBGF 560

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randyrayd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 8, 2017
Sneads Ferry, NC
Howdy from deep in the heart....!

I decided to grill some spare ribs over high heat like I did before I got smoke crazy. One reason was I decided to do the ribs too late to do a longer cooking method.

First some EVOO and Jeff's Texas rub recipe, which I use on most everything.
2.1.jpg

Then some Calabacita (Mexican Zucchini), mushrooms and onions the same way as above.
2.2.jpg

Smoked the veggies with the A-MAZE-N tube for about half an hour... and kicked off the 560
2.3.jpg

I cooked these at about 560* and kept turning them about 30 minutes, but it still looks like a there's a smoke ring.
2.5.jpg

Viola!
2.6.jpg

I cooked these to about 150*, but next time will take them up to about 170* They were just a little tough, but really tasty.

Everything looks good and tasty, Randy! Like the looks of those vegetables!
Pardon my ignorance. There are so many models of smoker out there. What exactly is a MBGF 360?
Dan

Reactions: randyrayd
Everything looks good and tasty, Randy! Like the looks of those vegetables!
Pardon my ignorance. There are so many models of smoker out there. What exactly is a MBGF 360?
Dan
Thanks to Rexster for correcting my typo.....and the grill temp was 500*. Maybe a bourbon too many.

Reactions: negolien
These are the mats I use I do have the larger top two grates from Jose now so that helps. I do like that weber pan though :<) might have to get me one of them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky