First Smoked Turkey for Christmas Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaybird28

Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Seattle, Washington
I rolled the dice yesterday and attempted my first 14lb smoked turkey in my new Masterbuilt propane smoker. For the most part a successful undertaking. The only hick-up was the smoker stalled out after 7 hours and the bird was only 159 degrees.It wouldn't budge off of 159 for 30 minutes so I had to throw it in the oven to finish it off. I'm assuming that the outdoor weather of 35 degrees was working against me. Any thoughts??

As the bird was cookin the skeptics started chirping how they don't like smoked food. I brushed off the negative input (with Makers Marks :) ) and once they dug their teeth in the feast, praise started rolling in. I made them all believers!!!!

I replied to you in another thread. But, I smoked Turkey yesterday also. 15lbs, it stalled out @160 for almost 2 hours. I bumped it up to about 350 for a hour, cause it was getting dinner time.
Worked out fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky