- Dec 27, 2022
Hello all! There is a local U.S Chef Store that was selling choice Brisket at $2.8/LB. I picked one up for my first smoke in the WSM. Learned a lot and can't wait to do it again!
- 12pm: Trimmed Brisket, (need to learn how to do this better)
- 1pm: Seasoned heavily with Ted and Barneys and started the smoker
- 2pm: Placed on Smoker at 225
- 4pm: played with vents for a while and settled with bottoms closed and top wide open, smoker staying at 225
- 5pm: Rain is drizzling
- 6pm: Smoker is dropping temp, added more charcoal and a couple wood chunks, opened 2 bottom vents
- 7pm: temp 158F, rain is picking up
- 8pm: Added more charcoal and wood, smoker dropping temp. Opened all vents till 225 and closed. Rain settled for a bit then,major winds. Smoker dropping temp so I opened 1 bottom vent
- 9pm: temp 160F, smoker up to temp closed bottom vents
- 10pm: 170F, raining pretty hard, pass the stall bark isn't crazy dark so no wrapping (8)
- 11pm: 180f, smoker up to 250F, adding more water to tray
- 12pm: WSM staying at 250F, Brisket up to 190F
- 12:45pm: temp 195F, pulled from smoker, wrapped in foil, resting in large Coleman.
- 5am: removed from Coleman and into foods saver bags