First smoke in a year! Tri tip PRIME!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WV_Crusader

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 15, 2014
Triadelphia, WV
Wild Fork Prime tri tip with my remaining Black Ops from Oak Ridge BBQ. Smoking at 220 with Lumber Jack Comp blend (my favorite) temp being monitored by my Thermoworks Signals. Smoking to 205 then wrapping in foil, rest for 3 hours in cooler. Going to make my own version of red potatoes with touch of oil and seasoning in foil packet.
BCFFE52A-9A36-4633-8342-F1B3392A344F.jpeg

Looks good. I’ve never gone that high in finished temp. Can’t wait for the pics
I started doing them like brisket because momma doesn’t like the red when I was doing them more prime rib style so I tried the brisket way and probably won’t go back! It’s that good and even my 7 year old and 4 year old eat it like candy!

Reactions: 912smoker
Potatoes going on!

Baby petite reds sliced small, green onions sliced small, olive oil lightly coated, Montreal steak seasoning generously added. Onto grill in foil packet until tender!
F2E421AD-3872-4B00-ABFA-C02C77D80B04.jpeg

Hahahah! That’s excellent eats right there. Looks like it came right out of my kitchen. Enjoy because I know it’s delicious.

Try calling Kroger or you local regular grocery store and ask them if they ever get them in. Kroger here as been getting them by the cases but usually cuts them into steaks but will save how ever many you want for smoking. Just ask for tri tip roasts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky