First smoke ever in my new Brinkmann Trailmaster pit!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

islandqking

Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
First off, thank you to everyone on the forums for the help getting started.  I've been cooking and grilling for a long time at a high level. I come from a family of amazing "competition winning" home cooks from Cuba.  I became obsessed with learning how to smoke meats a few months ago.  I have been off heat cooking for a long time.  However its not the true craft of BBQ smoking.  I knew I had to learn and the obsession began.  It took me 4 months of research on these forums, and indecisiveness to finally reach this day of my first SMOKE!!!!!  I decided to stick with something I know.  Ribs.  However, I went with St. Louis cut ribs which I never cook.  I didn't want to waste the $$ if I bombed my first smoke HAHA. I already have a homemade rub recipe from my previous experiences grilling and oven baking ribs etc.  I have to say thanks to everyone for the fast answers on here.  First first Q-VIEW submission pics are finally here.  ENJOY =).    The ribs bit like a baby back rib.  Like butter =).   

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky