First Sausage Links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The problem is, all of the advice wants them soaked for some time and to have water run through the inside of the casing.
With pre-tubed, you just soak ahead of time. You don't have to flush the inside out like standard casings. What I did at first was pack the leftovers back in salt, vac seal, and keep in the fridge.

I personally found the pre-tubed more of a hassle to work with, so I pulled them all off the tubes and put them in a jar of brine.

Slide the small end over your horn, grab the casing with one hand and pull the plastic out leaving the casings on the horn. A matter of seconds.
I couldn't get them to work as slick as that. Probably operator on my part, but I just found it easier to load the casings on my horn without the plastic tube. Hard to describe, but it was like my stuffing horn was too short to get the pre-tubed sleeve on far enough to unload it onto the horn.

Reactions: Nefarious
I couldn't get them to work as slick as that. Probably operator on my part, but I just found it easier to load the casings on my horn without the plastic tube. Hard to describe, but it was like my stuffing horn was too short to get the pre-tubed sleeve on far enough to unload it onto the horn.
Sounds almost like you had too big of a horn for the tube.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky