First reverse flow 500 gallon smoker build!

Discussion in 'Reverse Flow' started by ryan87, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Looks awesome Ryan87. You're making good progress. Can't wait for the Que view. It should be ready for the BBQing season and I know you are.

2. Sick smoker! The drilled out handle is pretty badass. Where did you get the firebox air flow flow controllers?

3. Looking really great. I like that handle too! Yeah, where did you get those vents?

4. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

Now that looks incredible.  The handles are super cool, and will look great!  Excellent workmanship, quite a craftsman.

[​IMG]

5. Alright, finally finished the smoker! These are the pictures I took right after it was finished, i will post the finished product once its back from the powder coat shop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. The air flow controllers are actually off of a horse trailer! picked them up brand new for 2.65 a piece from the trailer company in town

7. bruno994

bruno994 Master of the Pit

You got some cooking space on that rig.  Nice build. 

8. I just recently purchased a 1,000, 500 and 250 gallon propane tanks for $150 dollars! The next build will have rotating shelves ran off of a electric motor! Should be interesting at the very least ha. Thank you for all the compliments, any questions feel free to ask

9. rabbithutch

rabbithutch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

:yahoo:

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow that turned out great - looking forward to the final pics 

11. rowdyrawhide

rowdyrawhide Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

That thing is awesome!! Where in the world did you get those steer head door pulls, those are cock!

12. actually got them from the local hobby store?

13. Ok!! Here are the completed pictures of the smoker, high temperature paint on everything and rhino liner on the neck and platform for added grip in cold/wet weather cooking conditions! I also rhino lined the inside of the fenders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I need to get a exhaust clamp for the smoke stack and pick up our new vent covers. The ones we had we painted black, and decided they needed to go back to original. I will post some more pictures of the smoker tomorrow in the sunlight once all the rhino liner and what not dries! I also will have it wired tomorrow with the clear led brake/turn signal lights as well as get it weighed for the trailer license!

14. And dont mind how dirty the shop is haha

15. Great job Ryan. If you are planning a rotisserie, check this one out.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/106876/new-build-finally-finished

16. That is awesome! I will definately be checking on your project when the time comes to start my next one!

17. THAT IS JUST AWESOME!!! GREAT PICS

18. smoke_chef

smoke_chef Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Very cool Ryan. Great job on the build and the pics. Kudos!

19. Alright! I have some of the finished pictures as well as some ribs/corn/potatoes that we cooked the other night! I forgot to take pictures of the other cooks, but I will try to take pictures as I remember!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be adding onto the smoker here in the next few weeks! Plan on adding a stationary commercial grill in front, deep fat fryer, and a few other goodies as well as making some small modifications to the counter weights due to some warping of the metal!