First Overnighter & First Butts Of The Decade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
c3X7F0A.jpg

Last night I put these two 8# butts on, 11 hours later they are ready to wrap. I'm taking these to the neighborhood watering hole along with 40 Kings Hawaiian rolls and some Blues Hog Original for pulled pork sliders. The rub was cracked pepper and Smokin' Guns Hot, and my flavor wood was cherry and peach.

hbitlx9.jpg

Respectfully, those are about the best-lookin' butts I've seen in a while...
Nice job!

Thanks for the kind words. Without any solid reasoning, I've always felt cherry helped with the color more so than other woods. The last 5 or 6 butts I've cooked were practice for a competition last September, so there was a bit more trim and prep to get a manageable weight and we cooked them hot and fast. These two are more old school low-n-slo. I'm coming up on 15 hours and they are about ready to hit the hot box.

Beautiful Butts, Thirdeye!!
I figured Cherry was involved, with that Reddish color You got!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Reactions: thirdeye
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky