First foray into offset smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I got a smoking pro as well. It was my first offset and like Dutch said...the price of the smoker and the mods are relatively cheap. The other things is that it come with a charcoal tray and can be used for grilling. With the large grill area, its great for large smokes or grilling a bunch of burgers all at once.

Welcome aboard, i hope you have good luck in your search for an offset. i found mine on craigslist. it took awhile but it has been worth it. seem around here the people who post them on craiglist do so 'cause they just want them gone and the low prices they move fast.

Again welcom and good luck

Well, the decision has been made.

The Bar-B-Chef no longer exists according to hairofthehog.wordpress.com and the Royal Oak is easily $400 with the side fire box. 400 bones is way more than I want to spend.

I am going with the Char-Griller and reading up on my mods.

x2
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

hey Swede, Welcome to SMF from a fellow NY'er.
I been looking at the Char-Griller also, seems to be a heavy unit with a fair price. It's also the only desent one I found locally so far.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky