• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First fatty smoking attempt

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeater207

Jun 5, 2012
Tonight I'm taking my first attempt @ making & smoking a fatty!! I've had them in the past and I love all aspects of them. Got some sausage, peppers and cheese(a 5 cheese shredded Italian blend) .. I did not take picture of the process :( Bc I was not thinking and I am havin trouble uploading pics from my iPad :/ but as soon as I figure it out I will post what I have !! Smoking @ approx 230/40 with all hickory chips. Praying for a decent outcome!

smokeater207

Jun 5, 2012
Great success!! Not a bite left on the plate! Even had the girlfriend wanting more!! Cooked @240 for approx 2.5 hours. Bacon weave was golden and tight. IT @160!. Still having trouble getting pictures on from my iPad onto the feed :/. More to come!!

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Oct 20, 2010
Glad it turned out great! I make breakfast fatties and then slice and vacuum seal. I warm them up a bit along side a fried egg, some cheese and pop it onto a toasted English Muffin for quick breakfast sammies.

wingrider

Fire Starter
Jun 7, 2012
Glad it turned out great! I make breakfast fatties and then slice and vacuum seal. I warm them up a bit along side a fried egg, some cheese and pop it onto a toasted English Muffin for quick breakfast sammies.
Alesia - What's your recipe for a breakfast fatty? And your smoking parameters?

Thanks,

Bob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky