First cold smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What is a TQ you said you used for curing bacon?
Fueling Around got ya covered on your question. I've used TQ for many years without ill effects plus other also use it on this site. It's great thing to use when starting out curing. Just need to use proper amounts. 1 Tbs. per lb for dry rub cure (plus proper amount of time) or 1.5 tsp. per lb. for mixing in cured sausages but you need to omit the salt in recipes. It has the salt, sugar & cures already mixed for ya. I've just recently started using cure #1 after completely understanding the measurements & math that goes with it. I was never taught the metric system so it was a little struggle for me. Seems the older I get the harder it gets to retain things. I'll still use TQ on certain cures because I like the way it turns out but to each their own.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky