first brisket of 2023!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mmelton005

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 24, 2017
Happy 2023 everyone! Just thought that I would share a brisket that we done for new years. This one was 15ish pounds trimmed (I need to fine turn my trimming skills) and took just under 14 hours (Camp Chef WW). It was very juicy when slicing, but the meat turned out just a little dry, next time I'll pull it closer to 203-205. This one was pulled at 198. What all did you guys smoke this new years?

00.jpg

01.jpg

Looks good from here. I did a small packer about 9 lbs on boxing day. Haven't done a 2023 one yet.

corey
I like your moniker.... mine comes from my two puppies; Cody (the Toy Aussie) and Max (the chocolate Pom) = Cody_Mack (is also Cody's nickname)

Your brisket looks real good. I'm just getting over the flu so no smoking at my place.

Point for sure
Chris

I plan on getting a smaller on to experiment with next time.

Flu/sickness is crazy here in West KY right now. It went from -20 Windchill last week to mid 60's-low 70's this week. Wife is a pharmacy tech and she said they are handing out meds like crazy!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky