First Brisket - First smoke on 26" kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tallbm , thanks for the comment and appreciate your help with this .

Chop now that is the proper way to break in a new grill/smoker....Now lets see the burger from the scrap :-)

Reactions: chopsaw
Chop now that is the proper way to break in a new grill/smoker....Now lets see the burger from the scrap :-)
I love that 26 , only one cook . It's awesome . Yup did the burger tonight .

I love that 26 , only one cook . It's awesome . Yup did the burger tonight .

I've been thinking I need to get a weber for the trailer to use while camping cause its light as such....you aren't helping!

Sweet on the burger!

Great looking brisket chopsaw. What type of briquettes did you use?

Great looking brisket chopsaw. What type of briquettes did you use?
Thank you . It was so good .
I used Royal Oak classic . I have some Embers also , I know it' Royal Oak too , but my opinion is the Royal Oak branded bag has less broken briquettes in it .
Double row on the bottom and split that with one row on top . Spaced out wood chunks on top of that . I was surprised how steady and how long it burned .
You can see some of the coal was not fully spent , and the un burned is where I shut the kettle down after 8 hours .

20190903_152441.jpg

Great looking brisket. Hard to believe it was your first time.

I love my 22" kettle. You have me thinking time to upgrade. Wishing I can find one on the curb during the upcoming fall cleanup.

Reactions: chopsaw
Good looking brisket. Your new 26" kettle looks great and you will love it. Mine is 8 years old and doesn't look that shinny but still gets the job done.

Great looking brisket. Hard to believe it was your first time.

I love my 22" kettle. You have me thinking time to upgrade. Wishing I can find one on the curb during the upcoming fall cleanup.
Thanks , The 26 is awesome . The whole thing started when I saw a 26 on St. Louis CL for $225 . Had a roto for an extra $180 . After 10 days of phone tag , I ordered a new one . No regrets at all .
Thanks for the comments .

Good looking brisket. Your new 26" kettle looks great and you will love it. Mine is 8 years old and doesn't look that shinny but still gets the job done.
Hey bud ,,, whats the weather like on that side of the state ? 10:30 and 89 here . Yeah I'm liking the 26 , but I also have a performer with all the goods , and I miss the table . Gonna have to make something for the 26 .
That brisket was so much fun . Came out great . Thanks for the comment .

Hey bud ,,, whats the weather like on that side of the state ? 10:30 and 89 here . Yeah I'm liking the 26 , but I also have a performer with all the goods , and I miss the table . Gonna have to make something for the 26 .
That brisket was so much fun . Came out great . Thanks for the comment .
It's only 82 here. But still feels a lot hotter than that. I't going to cool down tomorrow for a high on 80. Ready for fall.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky