First Beef Ribs and Police Pursuit!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

anstissk

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 7, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Friday I had a big craving for beef ribs and I had never smoked them so I made it a mission to find some. I ventured to a local grocer downtown that sells all sorts of meat cuts. After talking to the owner and finding some ribs, I started on my way home. As I’m leaving a stoplight, a black Cadillac races up beside me and tries to cut in front of me and he clips his right rear quarter panel on my front left fender and a portion of my bumper. I look in my mirror, and here come 4 of our city police SUVs in hot pursuit. Well, that knocked me down a bit as we’re just coming off of Christmas and I really don’t want to spend money on my insurance deductible. I emailed my agent right away as it was after business hours and called 911 to get a police report. Our downtown cameras caught the whole thing so there’s no disputing it.

Anyway, back to the meat!
So I trim them Friday night and put into the fridge uncovered. Saturday morning rolls around and I get the WSM rolling and rub the ribs with S,P,O,G.
I get the smoker up to around 280-300 and throw the ribs on. The first couple hours the smoker sits at 240-260. Then I start spritzing with 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water. I then jack the WSM up to 280 after about 4 hours. I did this for about an hour an then wrapped for hour 5-6 at around 300. I pull the ribs off and they probe about 206 and the probe has little to no resistance.
All in all I wouldn’t change a thing and I think they turned out great!

Sorry for the long post, if you made it this far!
6E129B1D-D9B1-4D02-A160-E2AB7B624295.jpeg
1AC8B3D2-EE3C-48BC-9CEA-87DB4EBAD972.jpeg
577CC4FE-480F-48B2-BA85-733FF538B1E5.jpeg
3D84ADB8-CA2A-48C2-A5A2-B0AF18BE6B07.jpeg
176538CB-12D4-4574-BD2E-D89402A6BEFD.jpeg
CE187E6B-8E1F-4C97-AB41-288C02F4B618.jpeg

Ribs look perfect!! Did the police catch the moron that hit you? One of my buddies got hit like this recently on the turnpike

Reactions: anstissk
Ribs look perfect!! Did the police catch the moron that hit you? One of my buddies got hit like this recently on the turnpike

The suspect bailed and they tracked him via dog. The dog found the kids keys and wallet. He’s a student at the local high school. If he hasn’t been caught yet, he will be. He was fleeing for domestic assault and now he has a hit and run charge as well as eluding.

Reactions: jcam222
Good looking ribs! Sorry for your other problem. My brand new Chevy Silverado was totaled right in front of my house new years morning. Neighbor 5 house down did it and pulled the switcharoo with his wife taking the blame because she wasn't drunk and they thought there were no witnesses. Wrong! Another neighbor witnessed it and another has a video so they are going to pay heavy.

Reactions: anstissk
Good looking ribs! Sorry for your other problem. My brand new Chevy Silverado was totaled right in front of my house new years morning. Neighbor 5 house down did it and pulled the switcharoo with his wife taking the blame because she wasn't drunk and they thought there were no witnesses. Wrong! Another neighbor witnessed it and another has a video so they are going to pay heavy.

Sorry to hear that, will your insurance go after them for the deductible? I was curious on that and haven’t heard back from my agent yet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky