First batch of the season. Almost a loss.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tell me more about that 16 year old aged cheddar! I bet the depth of flavor on that is outrageous!
I've had it before. But first time smoking it. It is amazing. Smooth with those cheese crystals bursting with flavor. Simply astounding flavor. My wife puts it on crackers with summer sausage. I told her that this is grounds for divorce.....
I have smoked the 14 year cheese before. I cannot describe just how good it was.

Reactions: indaswamp
Glad I saw this Steve. It reminded me I can now order from River Rat with the season changing. Trying a 8oz block of 16, 14 & 12 year yr old cheddar. 🤞

Glad I saw this Steve. It reminded me I can now order from River Rat with the season changing. Trying a 8oz block of 16, 14 & 12 year yr old cheddar. 🤞
Be prepared to be amazed! The mean and nasty is also worth mentioning. Not to mention the horseradish cheese.

Morning all. Started my first batch of the season this morning.
View attachment 646600

View attachment 646598
Got her going at 6am. In the mid 40's out.

View attachment 646601
Got some course sea salt smoking too.

View attachment 646602

On a side note. Finally got my tractor back. Went to check everything out for the coming winter. And it threw the belt for the blower. Dealer wasn't sure why it happened. They tested everything before delivery. Come to find out. The pully on the blower got damaged somehow. Took 3 weeks to get it replaced. All good now.

View attachment 646603
Anyway. Back on topic. Around 7:30 it started getting warmer faster than the weathermen predicted. Ambient temp getting a touch over 100 in the smoker.

View attachment 646604Pulled at 8:30. Cheese was starting to sweat. I usually only go to 2.5 hours anyway. The smell! Love this stuff. Now for the rest. Gonna be a long wait!
nice cheese.

Here is my snow mover.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1666549931414.jpg
    FB_IMG_1666549931414.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Steve H
That looks really good even with the slight temperature problem.
Waiting for you to cut the cheese. ... So we can see the results.
Not planning to either smoke cheese or use the snowblower this year/winter.
I give away most of my smoked cheese and decided to spend my time on other things before we leave for Florida in a month.
My old Snapper 824 will sit unused in the garage for another winter

nice cheese.

Here is my snow mover.
Nice tractor!
That looks really good even with the slight temperature problem.
Waiting for you to cut the cheese. ... So we can see the results.
Not planning to either smoke cheese or use the snowblower this year/winter.
I give away most of my smoked cheese and decided to spend my time on other things before we leave for Florida in a month.
My old Snapper 824 will sit unused in the garage for another winter
Thanks! Snapper is a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Nice Steve! Cold smoked cheese hadn’t even been in my thought process lately, you have me self correcting! That sounds amazing!!!!

don't like winter as much as i did when i was younger, but winter is what makes spring/summer/fall so enjoyable and something to look forward too

Nice batch of cheese, and it’s a good thing you kept a watchful eye on it, that’s some pretty special cheese to lose !

Liking the tractor with the blower too Steve! Hopefully for all our sakes, you don’t have to use it this winter. My JD is a mid-1990s model, it still runs great, I just have to jump the starter solenoid with a metal spatula to get it going. I really want to get a Z turn for mowing, might have to keep this around anyway and just attach a blower plow to it.
ED2F9699-2580-4868-85B0-1E9A208AF06B.jpeg

Nice job and apparently a good save. Nice to have a load of smoked cheese on hand. I still have some that I smoked last March but supply is getting a bit low. Might have to get more going if we can get a cool enough morning.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky