First attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

summersolstice

Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Central Nebraska
OK, so I don't have a smoker yet. I'm still trying to decide on what to get. All this reading and looking at pictures got me hungry so I tried this pork shoulder on my 3-burner Brinkman propane grill. It was below 0F yesterday at 0900 when I began and it never got above 15F all day. One burner on high got me 200F and two burners on low was 275F so that's what I went with. It took 12 hours before the internal probe read 178F and I added hickory chunks and mesquite chips before turning on the grill and then twice afterwards.

I used a generic pork rub 24 hours prior to smoking. After tasting, I was very, very pleased with the results. A sure cure for cabin fever!

Dayumm! Not bad? Heck looks real good! I have been castigated for suggesting it IS possible to imitate a smoker in this way. But my method was to construct a baffle plate between fire/wood and meat.

OK not 'castagated' ...but I DID get a few
rolleyes.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky