First attempt at Making Venison Smoked Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  I have been making sausage for a few years and gone through much of what you are going through. I am no expert by a long shot. I have been playing around with venison / pork ratios and grinder plate sizes as well. We generally use a 65/35 deer pork(trim) mix for sausage and 70/30 for pep. and snack sticks. We have gone to 3/8 and 1/2 grinder plates. depending on the sausage we are making. I find that once you grind and mix manual or mixer it will break down some and the binder makes it all great. I have not had any problems this way but it is all to your taste. Now I am researching and getting ideas for a smoker. I want to build a new one this spring and have so many thoughts and questions. 

yours looks good and keep it up and enjoy the fun. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky