First ABT's and other goodies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 23, 2010
Prince George, Va.
Hello to all my SMF friends.

Ever since I unboxed my new MES I have used it every weekend without fail and posted some nice q-view, so obviously I wanted to keep the streak going.  Trevor was excited wondering what smokey goodness dad was going to produce next.

I thought about a pork loin, or rack of lamb, or maybe a filet mignon on a reverse sear, but then it hit me....ABT's.  I had never made any and really wanted to try some.

So I grabbed a package of Philly cream cheese, some seriously sharp cheddar, and a few jalepenos.  I mixed up the cream cheese with a cup of shredded cheddar, and a teaspoon each of granulated onion and garlic, then spooned the mixture into some washed and  seeded peppers.  I pre-cooked the bacon a little before popping the ABT's into the smoker for about 1.5 hours.

Here is a shot of some of the completed ABTs with a slice of flat bread pizza that had some smoked baby back rib-meat, tart granny smith apples, my bbq sauce, and some smoked gouda.

This last photo is of a couple bones off of a rack of baby backs that I did on the WSM.  This was Trevor's plate with the ribs and some broccoli with cheese sauce.

The ABTs went over really well.  My wife loved them and so did I.  

We used the MES with the AMNS for the ABTs.  I actually felt like there was a little too much smoke this time with the AMNS...

Hope you enjoyed our little picnic.

Bill

Looks great.  Here is hint for next time.  I mix rub with the philly, I use pepper jack and before I put them on, dash them with more rub.  My kids love them.  I smoke them for about an 60 to 90 depending on temp, them the hit the grill for 5 to 10 to crisp up the bacon.  But they look awesome.  Great JOB.

grilling_smilie.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky