Firefox crashing about every hour....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I'm thinking of changing.... BUT TO WHAT ???? WHO ???
What do you have and do you like it ???

MSN, YAHOO, ????

Help me out here... Firefox was great until about 3 days ago...

Conspiracy theory... Some liberal entity trying to shut them down ????

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
I'm thinking of changing.... BUT TO WHAT ???? WHO ???
What do you have and do you like it ???

MSN, YAHOO, ????

Help me out here... Firefox was great until about 3 days ago...

Conspiracy theory... Some liberal entity trying to shut them down ????

Dave,

What version of Firefox are you using? PC? Android? iOS?

Reactions: daveomak
For Android and iOS, clear the app's cache and data.
For PC, just clear the cache.
Note: Mozilla had an Android update on 1-24-21...hmmmm??

My Lenovo came with Edge, been happy with it so far which is just over a year old now, no hard drive SSD instead

Been using Mozilla/Firefox for years and no issues.
My Lenovo laptop and Microsoft have been bickering a lot wanting me to use their browser....

All I use is F.F. on my laptop, nothing is wrong with F.F. is has to be on your end.

Cleared the cache... followed other instructions... Edge, Fire Fox, Google, Duck Duck and Norton all seem to be getting along in harmony....
I will see what happens...
Thanks all for your suggestions and help.....

Dave

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
I think Norton engineering solved my problem... I had them take control of my computer and fix stuff....
Seems, Microsoft Edge is the bully, so to speak... It causes problems with "competing" businesses... You CANNOT uninstall Microsoft Edge once you install it... There are work arounds but I'm not tech savvy...
So for $70 I had the Norton folks do the work around.. Took him ~1.5 hours to fool Microsoft into thinking my stuff was their friend... It's nice to have my desk top working correctly now...
The BS about Microsoft Edge being wonderful, is what it is.... It's just one more corporation forcing you to think the way they want you to think.. Not allowing competing software to widen your horizons...

Edge came already installed on my new laptop. It's probably part of the OS. Of course the first thing I did was make Mozilla my default browser
Flags and exclamation points! "You don't want to do that ! Edge is what's best for your device!" . I did it anyway.
No problems. I just click the Mozilla icon and away I go. If I click a link it automatically goes through Edge, though, unless I'm already in Mozilla.
There's a permanent exclamation point on my taskbar :-)
I can't get my gmail account set up, though. Only the outlook one.

• Wow
Hey Mose... Don't you find that a bit commie!!! Think like I want you to think... Use what I tell you to use... Really ticks me off...
I should have NEVER uploaded Edge..

Any application could end up causing a conflict with other apps depending on what you have installed. I work in IT and in our extensive testing, Edge Chromium was the winner in terms of performance, resource usage and stability.

Yeah it's annoying as all get-out, Dave, but what are you going to do? I'm no techie either. Big $$ in information harvesting.....
I've used and liked Firefox for years both at work and at home and will continue.
My daughter got so fed up with Microsoft she went to that "other" OS. She's going to see what she can do about getting my Gmail on the new laptop
next time she stops by. Until then I get it on my phone and I-pad just fine.

Any application could end up causing a conflict with other apps depending on what you have installed. I work in IT and in our extensive testing, Edge Chromium was the winner in terms of performance, resource usage and stability.

Why can't someone "uninstall" edge from their computer ??
Monopoly of thought and freedom to search other ideas ??
Google screens/sifts searches to promote their ideals... for their "donors" or supporters... It suppresses freedom of thought and speech....
OH !!! maybe you work for Microsoft as a subcontractor...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky