Firebrick in Firebox?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you have room, they help a lot for heat control and fuel consumption.
592kM9i.jpg

yes I do. In my fire box chamber to help keep the heat and in the smoke chamber to help keep heat and "restore" heat from opening the door to mop or flip the meat.

Also have fire brink in the pellet smoker to help with heat but is a pain when I need to vacuum out the left over ash. There again help t recover after opening the door.

If you have a small fire box insulation on the outside works also and maybe better ,

Right. I looked into an insulated firebox, but it gets a little more complicated when building an insulated firebox door.

Well its not like you can add fire bricks to the door either, the 4 sides plus the barrel side is a lot better than nothing and a whole lot better than bare imo

Well its not like you can add fire bricks to the door either, the 4 sides plus the barrel side is a lot better than nothing and a whole lot better than bare imo

Hey Mike243

That's true. I might look into that. How thick of an insulation wall would you go? One inch or two? Have you got an insulated firebox?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky