• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Firebrick in Firebox?

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
If you have room, they help a lot for heat control and fuel consumption.
592kM9i.jpg

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
yes I do. In my fire box chamber to help keep the heat and in the smoke chamber to help keep heat and "restore" heat from opening the door to mop or flip the meat.

Also have fire brink in the pellet smoker to help with heat but is a pain when I need to vacuum out the left over ash. There again help t recover after opening the door.

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
If you have a small fire box insulation on the outside works also and maybe better ,

Cheese Burger

Joined Sep 18, 2021
Right. I looked into an insulated firebox, but it gets a little more complicated when building an insulated firebox door.

mike243

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Well its not like you can add fire bricks to the door either, the 4 sides plus the barrel side is a lot better than nothing and a whole lot better than bare imo

Cheese Burger

Joined Sep 18, 2021
Well its not like you can add fire bricks to the door either, the 4 sides plus the barrel side is a lot better than nothing and a whole lot better than bare imo
Hey Mike243

That's true. I might look into that. How thick of an insulation wall would you go? One inch or two? Have you got an insulated firebox?

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.