Fire pit near propane grill???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grill3r

Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Hello all,

I have a Weber propane grill that I leave on my back patio. I just purchased a small fire pit to but on the patio (similar to below) so that we can sit around a fire and relax.

Quick question-- can a fire pit like this be used near a propane grill? Are there any risks/dangers involved with this? I normally worry too much about things but I am really hesitant to start a fire on my patio now. Thanks for any info.

Hey Grill

There's always a slight danger when you have fire next to LPG, but I don't think I would worry too much about it.  On my deck I have a propane grill, a propane turkey cooker, a charcoal/wood burner smoker, and several flaming torches--all in close proximity for years.  No problemo.  Only see a problem if you have a propane leak and being outdoors, the wind should clear that up unless it is massive.  Just me saying.

Gary

The fire box on my smoker is one foot from the end on my propane grill. As long as there is no leaks , you're good. I had a huge chicken grease fire in my grill one night. My wife waa scared because the propane tank was new , the riding mower was right next to it and full of gas and all this ten feet from the house. Not a problem turn off gas move mow and let it burn out.

When I lived in Calgary, they had a bylaw like that.  All I did was take a weiner and put it on a stick and set it next to the fire pit.  Food ready to cook.  Of course, you have to understand, I would starve to death before I would eat a weiner.  LOL  But it worked.

Gary

A simpler question....

Is the LP tank and hose closer to the fire than your legs and feet are when sitting next to the fire pit?  I seriously doubt they are and your flesh is a better indicator of how close is too close!

I suspect you are fine.

[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles></xml><![endif][if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object><style>st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }</style><![endif][if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;mso-style-noshow:yes;mso-style-parent:"";mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:#0400;mso-fareast-language:#0400;mso-bidi-language:#0400;}</style><![endif]

Now I say about the website that they are a family owned business located in Southern Indiana. This website is related propane firepit They are performed the name brand, high quality in low prices products for you. If you need more information please go to that website.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky