Finally started to get some sausage making equipment

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I didn't take it that way-I appreciate all the related information, will help me a lot when I get started. Probably won't clamp anything to our granite countertops so maybe a separate bench or something...
icon_question.gif

I would not be allowed to do my mad-scientist work in our real kitchen. Fortunately I have a separate office/bedroom/utility building with almost a full kitchen. It is a great setup with my grinder, stuffer, sink, and fridge. I do need a larger freezer. Once you start it is hard to eat all you make. I do give a bunch away. (if they live I eat it too)

chainsaw
With our stuffer I cut a scrap piece of countertop to the width of the table we use for stuffing and mounted the stuffer the scrap countertop and then clamp the countertop to the table. Below is a pic of the stuffer and scrap countertop setting on the table we use.

I dont understand caveman? when you say grinder for burgers? i think you are talking about a hand crank grinder right?

Depending on the size grinder you get it will either have a clamp on it or the bigger ones you can bolt down to a piece of wood then use clamps to clamp it to your countertop, so either way you wont have to hurt countertop.

I have an MES smoker, a grinder and a stuffer coming. I would like recomendations on a meat mixer. I looks like natural casings are the way to go. Do casings need to be frozen until they are needed?

Unless you are going to get a motorized mixer, mix it by hand. I bought a manual mixer and found it easier and quicker to mix by hand instead of using the mixer. I am planning to pick up a motor and motorize my mixer at some point. 

Keep the casings packed in salt and refrigerate them when not in use. They will keep for a long time.
I have an MES smoker, a grinder and a stuffer coming. I would like recomendations on a meat mixer. I looks like natural casings are the way to go. Do casings need to be frozen until they are needed?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky