Felt like some steakums!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not a thing wrong with them!! I have eaten enough of those things to sink an aircraft carrier. As others have noted though, the flavor is just bit off from my perspective. As @LanceR stated above, I tend to shave my own from whatever the most recent massive chunk of meat I got from CPB may be. The interesting part is that being able to purchase from them wholesale, I can use some of the best prime rib on the planet and spend less than the original items cost at the store. I too am in the camp of onions and peppers with the cheese mixed throughout.

Robert
Thanks Robert, depends on time and how many people eating if i use the box or shave up some meat from the freezer. I like using venison also!

Looks good BED, I've had Steak-Ums numerous times over the years and have never broken them up that way. We lay them flat in the pan season and add a slice of cheese on one side. Then when they're done we flip the section that the cheese doesn't cover and place it on the sammie. One sammie takess two Steak-um to create. Condiments are added once the meat is on the bread. I may have to try your way. Thanks

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Buckeyedude
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky