Espresso Maker Suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You won't find a true espresso maker for 200$. Maybe a machine that makes strong coffee but not espresso.

I have a delongi superautomatic. About 1000$ in Canada. Expensive? Yes. Worth every penny. Has intregrated burr grinder, milk frotter (makes lattes without you). It is a rabbit hole. When the first one broke (after many years of use) and the service shop told me it would take 3 weeks to fix it i went straight to costco and bought another one. Thats not an indication of my finances but tells you how awesome and addictive a true espresso is (much like bbq)-you cant live 3 weeks without it. Another interesting point: no one in my family questioned the purchase of the 2nd machine (we always disagree on things to buy). Now i have a working spare and dont plan to sell it.

I got a few people hooked up once they taste it and left deep holes in their pockets. No one called me to complain.

As for coffee...find a source of whole bean coffee that roasts when you order. After 2 weeks roasted coffee loses a lot of flavour. I buy large batches and freeze it.

Reactions: Displaced Texan
Forgot to mention Breville Barista. Is a manual machine you will need to figure things out....but costs less. A friend swears by it and is having the time of his life experimenting.

You won't find a true espresso maker for 200$. Maybe a machine that makes strong coffee but not espresso.

I have a delongi superautomatic. About 1000$ in Canada. Expensive? Yes. Worth every penny. Has intregrated burr grinder, milk frotter (makes lattes without you). It is a rabbit hole. When the first one broke (after many years of use) and the service shop told me it would take 3 weeks to fix it i went straight to costco and bought another one. Thats not an indication of my finances but tells you how awesome and addictive a true espresso is (much like bbq)-you cant live 3 weeks without it. Another interesting point: no one in my family questioned the purchase of the 2nd machine (we always disagree on things to buy). Now i have a working spare and dont plan to sell it.

I got a few people hooked up once they taste it and left deep holes in their pockets. No one called me to complain.

As for coffee...find a source of whole bean coffee that roasts when you order. After 2 weeks roasted coffee loses a lot of flavour. I buy large batches and freeze it.
Is this the machine you are talking about?

The nepresso sucks. Go with a super automatic machine. I had the gaggia anima prestige for a while worked great and just upgraded to a Jura S8. Check out wholelattelove.com or James Hoffmann on YouTube.

Forgot about this and there are some HUGE fans:
Dito! I have Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine - stopped using it three years ago.... Also I have Nespresso Pixie - decent not expensive machine and I still use it occasionally. For last two years I use AeroPress Origianl Coffee and Espresso Maker and use Lavazza coffee beans. Love it.

Think I spent another hour this morning looking. I don't really want to go the pod route but maybe should re-think it.
I’ve had many machines for espresso with around a $600 Breville last. I don’t do espresso anymore as I got to a point where it was just to much for me. I will say that for the money and simplicity Nespresso with pods is delicious. The frothier they sell is fool proof too.

The nepresso sucks. Go with a super automatic machine. I had the gaggia anima prestige for a while worked great and just upgraded to a Jura S8. Check out wholelattelove.com or James Hoffmann on YouTube.
That’s a great machine if you are that into espresso and can afford it no doubt. That said he mentioned a budget of $200

Reactions: Displaced Texan
I want to buy a new espresso machine for my coffee shop. Can you suggest some good ones that are commercially promising? Is Hamilton Beach Espresso Maker a good one?
Good luck, I hope you get an answer. I asked about what machine he used back in August and never heard back.

I've asked two different Starbucks "barristas" and if I recall correctly, they said theirs cost $35,000 each. No, I'm not kidding. So there's a huge price range when you get to commercial grade.

I had got one of those $100 ones. Works decent. Just not used in long time. I like the Cuban espresso. I may get it back out. If you want a good one from I been told going to cost a lot.

Shopping espresso machines and most of the DeLonghis are too tall to fit under my cabinets. Looks like it will be a Breville for me most likely.

Delivered today. Breville Dual Boiler and Smart Grinder.

IMG_1453.JPG

Reactions: Norwester55
Well that’s a monster but looks like you had counter space to handle it. Can water be plumbed to it or just fill up the tank by hand?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky