Elk down... 340 and another big one..... at the Ranch on the divide road

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbally

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 24, 2007
Western Colorado
Thought a few might appreciate the Elk that ranch owner Deana got earlier this week with a muzzle loader.  She had been waiting to draw this tag for a while.

eba17a1f_deanaelk340.jpg

And then my good friend and Barbeque Partner Jerry drew an area 61 muzzle loader as well.  This morning at 7:36 AM he pulled the trigger and the shot stayed true.

25134f54_elk917area61.jpg

I have not scored this one yet, but it will be a good mount for sure!

I can already taste them........

Thought a few might appreciate the Elk that ranch owner Deana got earlier this week with a muzzle loader.  She had been waiting to draw this tag for a while.

eba17a1f_deanaelk340.jpg

And then my good friend and Barbeque Partner Jerry drew an area 61 muzzle loader as well.  This morning at 7:36 AM he pulled the trigger and the shot stayed true.

25134f54_elk917area61.jpg

I have not scored this one yet, but it will be a good mount for sure!

I can already taste them........
awesome bob!!!  cant wait, we are getting stuff ready now. we will be hunting the flattops.

awesome bob!!!  cant wait, we are getting stuff ready now. we will be hunting the flattops.
I hunted the area east of state bridge for years on the Flat Tops Range.  Got the number 9 buck in the state up there.  Though I did not get into the trophy book until the next publishing.  Good Luck

Last edited:
Awesome racks and congrats to both of them

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky