Electric vs Gravity Feed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have decided to cancel the GF and fix this one. I ordered a new element as it was 10 bucks and got the PID. So will look at what I need and what it takes to get that setup. Never used a pid before. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone.

Yup---Probably a Wise decision, for now.
tallbm tallbm should be along after he sees these "Smoke Signals".
He'll take you where you need to go!
He's my Main Goto on MES fixes.

Bear

Reactions: tallbm
I have decided to cancel the GF and fix this one. I ordered a new element as it was 10 bucks and got the PID. So will look at what I need and what it takes to get that setup. Never used a pid before. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone.
I think this is a smart move. The GF units cook some amazing food and are really convenient, but it seems like both the Masterbuilt and Chargriller options still have some quality issues to address before they are reliable.

I have decided to cancel the GF and fix this one. I ordered a new element as it was 10 bucks and got the PID. So will look at what I need and what it takes to get that setup. Never used a pid before
Good deal . You're gonna love it . When you get it up and running I can help you with the settings if you want .
I have it explained in one of these threads , and there are some shared settings as well . Get it rewired and running first .
Here's something that might help you with the element replacement .
There is a ground wire that sits behind the element mounting bracket that has a separate screw . Use something to hold the eyelet .
20200726_122323.jpg
Then slide the element in place . This will keep it aligned , and you won't have to fight trying to get the screw through a loose wire .
20200726_122350.jpg
Push the element up tight and install the mounting screws . That will sandwich the ground in place . Pull the alignment tool out and install the screw for the ground wire .
20200726_122728.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky