Electric Or Propane

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Been using propane for years and have had no real problems short of running out of gas.
icon_redface.gif

I have a pellet cooker now.
icon_mrgreen.gif

My home rig is _going_ to be a gas unit (going to be just because I finished the shell last night, have to get the burner bought and installed).

My favorite though is my uncles smoke "shack". Cinder block 10x15 building with an old boiler in it for a firebox. Last year we went through two hickory trees in a weekend. Granted it was a party of 12 guys with 800 pounds of sausage, sticks, jerky, bacon, and turkey breasts.

Scheduled to head back up there in the next few months - will try to snap some photos

My vote goes for the Traeger smoker/grills!!!! With a Traeger I can turn out fantastic smokes, grill steaks (yes, with a smoked flavor), even cookies or bread.....There ain't nuttin I can think of you can't cook on a Traeger in the temperature range of about 180 - 450 degrees....
I love my pellet pooper!!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

If I have to choose between gas and electric, I choose gas. I use a gasser quite a bit for the convenience and temp consistencies. But I still believe the best food comes from charcoal or wood fire. Just my .02.

electric all the way. with a 5,000 watt burner we dont worry about recovery, dont have to worry about changeing tanks/ running out easier to mantain, and you dont have to worry about fumes

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky